Chief Marketing Officer
About the company
Our purpose at Nuvem Shop (or Tienda Nube, in Spanish speaking countries) is to make it possible for local entrepreneurs and SMBs to succeed. Latin America is a harsh region in nature when it comes to developing businesses and our job is to be our customers' ally in that journey.
We are the largest e-commerce technology platform by number of active SMBs and we are growing in the high double digits year over year. Our five year goal is to be an indisputable leader in each of the main Latin American economies, impacting hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs and SMBs and driving billions of dollars in GMV.
We are venture backed by the finest investors in the region, including Kaszek Ventures, Elevar Equity, IGNIA Partners, NXTP Labs, and FJ Labs among other world class angel investors. We have offices in São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Belo Horizonte and remote collaborators in other regions.
Regarding the CMO position
The CMO will be responsible for driving company growth through acquisition of new merchants and through the development of our brand.
For this purpose, he or she will manage all marketing related functions, with the aid of a ~20 member team distributed in Brazil and Argentina, and will be also responsible for setting up teams in other Latam economies as we continue our expansion.
We expect you to:
- Be a key collaborator in defining company strategy with the rest of the c-level team (including, but not limited to: definition of target audiences, new business units, pricing strategies, new markets, internal processes, P&L, etc).
- Define and execute the global marketing strategy with your regional team and to be a great collaborator to aid and benefit from other areas in the company.
- Directly supervise global marketing functions: demand generation, growth hacking, brand strategy and merchant onboarding.
- Provide guidance and support for local marketing functions that report directly to Country Managers. These functions mainly include: inbound marketing, PR, social media, and events, among any other local efforts that we can develop to strengthen our brand in a given country.
- Constantly review organizational structures and methodologies to improve performance.
- Distribute knowledge and best practices in each different acting geography.
- Located or willing to relocate to São Paulo or Buenos Aires.
- 8 years of experience in marketing, engaging target audiences and driving revenue. Having managed Sales and Product Marketing teams will be a plus.
- Strong analytic profile, ability to develop and track reports and forecasting abilities. Know how of website analytics tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, WebTrends, etc. MySQL skills will be a plus.
- Having led teams through at least one level of middle management.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Portuguese (or alternatively Spanish).
- Brasil, Argentina and Mexico market knowledge. Colombia, Peru and Chile will be a plus.
- Master degree in Marketing, Management, or equivalent.
- Flexibility of schedule and remote work.
- Classes of Spanish or Portuguese.
- Great medical plan (OSDE in Argentina or Bradesco health and Dental plan in Brazil).
- Life Insurance and VT (or VC) + VR (or VA) (Brazil only)