What do we do at Tienda Nube?
We are a startup born in Argentina in 2011 with offices in Buenos Aires and São Paulo, backed by world class investment funds and investors.
We are a young team that helps thousands of entrepreneurs, and small and medium companies to build their online business in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia and Chile.
We look for flexible, independent and proactive professionals. We like to work with people who love what they do and they plan and implement innovative solutions to major and complex challenges while working with multicultural teams.
Having a strong customer centric culture is key for us, the customer always comes first, and we like to see them thrive in their endeavors while using our product on daily basis.
What do we do in the Data team?
Our main goal is to create a data-driven culture within the company and help every team to execute based on hard data and not gut feeling.
The team is responsible for providing: new research and insights on the business, develop new metrics and help every squad/team to have a great reporting methodology and understanding about their side of the business.
What do we do at the Data Development team?
- Achieving our goals is not just a task for the Research team but the development to create the appropriate environment to be able to query all the necessary data.
- Today, as we have more than 20 millions of unique visits per month on our storefronts and another hundreds thousands of merchants from different countries, the challenges we have in creating solutions that can handle such an immense data volume are big.
- Examples of work we’re doing are:
- Hand tailored ETLs to store storefronts data in a MongoDB
- Help building predictors for Companies KPIs
- Setup and maintenance of new and existing Data Warehouses
- Custom Attribution Model automatization
What's the role about?
- You will be working closely to all our teams like: Product, Performance Marketing, Content and Education, Customer Success among many others helping them accomplish their business objectives by giving them tools to help to understand their impact and boost their productivity.
- You will be responsible for:
- Improving and implementing new tools that can help us understand more about the business and our users’ behaviour
- Creating high quality software and ETLs to process and store data in more appropriate ways
- Automatizing processes for improving team productivity and results
- Building and support the main infrastructure of Data Warehousing
- Supporting the Data Research and BI team with technical solutions
- Love to solve difficult and complex problems.
- Embrace feedback as a tool for personal and professional grow.
- Enjoy stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Love learning and staying humble at the same time.
- Have the flexibility to work on different projects and areas of influence.
- You care more about results and impact than external recognition or simply being cool.
- Strong tech background on development
- Strong experience with databases
- Great knowledge about executing complex queries on relational DBs (MySQL / PostgreSQL or similar)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB / Neo4J / etc.)
- Knowledge of our main data development language: Python
- Understanding of design patterns and building reusable code
- Great communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
It’s a plus
- Software Engineering title (or similar)
- That you know (or want to learn) about:
- Online Marketing
- Customer support
- Working towards goals - with a flexible schedule and the possibility of working from other places besides the office.
- The possibility of working with top professionals, learning from them, and developing your skills to the fullest of your potential.
- A dynamic and open-minded working environment.
- Learning more about the startup culture and the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Latam.
- OSDE 310