Business Intelligence Developer
What do we do at Tienda Nube?
We are a startup born in Argentina in 2011 with offices in Buenos Aires and São Paulo, backed by world class investment funds and investors.
We are a young team that helps thousands of entrepreneurs, and small and medium companies to build their online business in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Colombia and Chile.
We look for flexible, independent and proactive professionals. We like to work with people who love what they do and they plan and implement innovative solutions to major and complex challenges while working with multicultural teams.
Having a strong customer centric culture is key for us, the customer always comes first, and we like to see them thrive in their endeavors while using our product on daily basis.
What do we do in the Data team?
Our main goal is to create a data-driven culture within the company and help every team to execute based on hard data and not gut feeling.
The team is responsible for providing: new research and insights on the business, develop new metrics and help every squad/team to have a great reporting methodology and understanding about their side of the business. It’s also responsible for providing the infrastructure and tools that can support all of the above.
We aim to give to team members purpose, autonomy and mastery so they can thrive on what they do, enjoy their work, and growth with Tienda Nube.
Today, as we have millions of visits per month on our storefronts and thousands of customers from different countries the challenges we have ahead are huge in terms of providing insights, tools, metrics and methodology to everybody.
What's the role about?
- You will be working closely to all our teams like: Product, Performance Marketing, Content and Education, Customer Success among many others and helping them accomplish their business objectives by giving them knowledge, tools and understanding about the impact of their execution.
- You will be responsible for:
- Improving and implementing new tools that can help us understand more about the business and our users’ behaviour
- Creating scripts and ETLs so as to get relevant information
- Automatizing processes for improving team productivity and results
- Creating new metrics and dashboards that can support better decisions.
- Improving what we understand about the business that can unlock a hole new possibilities.
- Love to solve difficult and complex problems;
- Embrace feedback as a tool for personal and professional grow;
- Enjoy stepping out of your comfort zone;
- Love learning and staying humble at the same time;
- Have the flexibility to work on different projects and areas of influence.
- You care more about results and impact than external recognition or simply being cool.
- Strong tech background
- Knowledge in one or more popular programming languages such as Scala, Java, PHP, etc.
- Experience in databases and scripting technologies
- Understanding of design patterns
- Build reusable code for future use
- Experience with version control systems (preferably git)
- Great knowledge about executing complex queries (MySQL or similar)
- Great communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team
- Keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Fluent spanish
It’s a plus
- Software Engineering title (or similar)
- Strong knowledge of PHP/Java/Scala frameworks
- That you know (or want to learn) about:
- Online Marketing
- Customer support
- Working towards goals - with a flexible schedule and the possibility of working from other places besides the office;
- The possibility of working with top professionals, learning from them, and developing your skills to the fullest of your potential;
- A dynamic and open-minded working environment;
- Learning more about the startup culture and the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Latam;
- OSDE 310